Tuesday, October 30, 2007

In Command! goes to AASL


At AASL Dr. Loertscher added me to the knowledge blitz during his session where I presented the ideas from In Command! The hall was absolutely packed and I loved that we didn't use a Powerpoint, but asked the audience to actively participate online during the session. There were librarians from so many places and the inclusion of everyone's ideas in creating something greater and more profound than one person was deep understanding in action. Of course, I was thrilled that educators came up after the session and throughout the conference to tell me "I can do this!" -and they can! We knew that the ideas were important and timely but the reaction was just so fantastic. The book sold out!

I would love to hear how implementation works out for people and also about any problems or stumbling points that might arise. I would be happy to help troubleshoot solutions and also know that people will come up with things that I never dreamed of. There is an In Command!blog and when I return from Internet Librarian I will add some tools so that people can collaborate and add widgets and gadgets as I learn of them. Together, we'll continue to help the digital school library evolve and remain not just relevant but central to good personal information spaces.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I really loved this session at AASL. I'm excited about using iGoogle with kids and definitely using it more myself, as well. Thank you for one of the best sessions of AASL!

Greylin Fairweather said...

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it and would love to hear about anything amazing you do with it. :) I will be adding tools and information on the InCommand! blog at http://incommand.wordpress.com about handy tools, tricks and tips. Thank you! Robin Williams :)